Welcome to my Oasis. This blog started as, and will always be, my place to get away.
If you are offended by anything you read here then maybe this isn't the blog for you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Liquid Gold

Today I am mourning the loss of liquid gold.  Let me explain.

There's this doctor.  He's trying to figure out why my one eyelid looks like this:





To do that, the doctor ordered a CT Scan.  I had that scan this morning.  What he failed to tell me was that I couldn't breastfeed for 48 hours after the scan.

Fine, right?  Maybe he didn't know I was breastfeeding, right?  Except that while I was sitting in the chair right in front of him, having my eyes checked etc....I WAS BREASTFEEDING OWEN!

Still shouldn't be THAT big of a deal you say? Owen has only ever CHOKED back on two ounce bottle and now he was going to have to go to straight bottles.

Luckily enough I had a minimal freezer stash of pumped breast milk I could give him.  We are QUICKLY running through that.

Here comes the "Liquid Gold".  While Owen is being given bottles I need to keep pumping in order to keep my supply up.  I then have to pour this super valuable (aka Liquid Gold) down the drain.

But, I decided to make lemonade out of this lemon and partake of a few missed beverages! :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you already have the scan? If not, why are you pumping and dumping already? Hope everything turns out ok for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, I had the scan this morning. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on any of the topics on my blog. Please just remember that everyone else will be able to view your comment. Thanks!