Welcome to my Oasis. This blog started as, and will always be, my place to get away.
If you are offended by anything you read here then maybe this isn't the blog for you.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1 hour date

So I've been thinking for a while that Isaac and I haven't been out by ourselves for a very.long.time.  We were overdue.  We dropped the boys off at the in-laws house and went to Coffee Culture in Exeter.  I ordered a hot chocolate, Isaac asked for a cafe-mocha and we decided to share a piece of chocolate cake.

We sat down at a table (all the big comfy arm chairs were occupied) and proceeded to eat, talk and sip.  After a few mouthfuls of my hot chocolate Isaac asked me if I had drank out of the opposite side of the cup.  I said no and looked to see why he was asking.  There was a lipstick lip mark.  I don't wear, or even OWN lipstick.  Eww.

These things seem to happen to me.  I've had hair, bugs and twist ties in my food in various restaurants.  I don't know if I just notice these things more then the average person.

Isaac brought the mug back up to the counter and the girl's excuse was that "It's hard to get lipstick off."  I don't care how hard it is, you do it!  And you don't give out a mug that is still dirty!  Isaac's too nice though.  So I got a new mug with a new drink.

When we were leaving, Isaac wanted to get a muffin for breakfast the next morning.  The owner(?) was the one that served him.  She had her daughter(? 8-10 years old maybe) behind the counter with her.  I was nice and told her that one of her signs was backwards.  So it's the daughter that is reaching her hands and arms over all the trays of food to reach to the front of the display case to turn the sign around.  Lovely, I'm pretty sure that's not very sanitary.

Not sure if we'll be returning.

4 comments:

  1. ewww, we were there once & since I love flavoured coffees, I was glad to have a go to spot in Exeter but after reading this, yuck... just yuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina, the hot chocolate was excellent! It grossed me out too. I realize that everyone is human but if it was me I would have been mortified that I had given out the cup instead of making a lame excuse. We probably will return and just hope for a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ick! Ive been there once and it was nice. Hope that was just a bad day and the service is better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm excited :D I'm glad you had a date with Isaac but that sucky about the lipstick mug. Still, time alone with the hubby is good, lipstick or not ;) <3 p.s. this is Heather but I can't figure out how the heck to get it to post from my google account, even though I have one and I'm signed in...-1 point for your blog :( but +5 for writing a blog in the first place sooooo, you're good :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on any of the topics on my blog. Please just remember that everyone else will be able to view your comment. Thanks!